Hello I'm new :D

Limerence_

Hi everyone :D

About a year ago, I found out about visual novels. Probably one of the best things that happened so far in my life. 

Up till now, I've read about 15 visual novels. Grisaia no Kajitsu would probably be my favourite, followed by either Little Busters or Rewrite. Really liked Ef, Sharin no Kuni, and Eden* too. In face, I've just finished Eden* and Little Busters. which were both amazing. 

I'm from Singapore (and as of now I haven't made anybody apart from myself who reads VNs) and I hope I can get along with everyone else here :) 

Welcome to these forums. Always nice to see new people around. :sachi:

I didn't find Eden to be top tier, but it's a good read for the most part. I would also fuck Sion's voice if it had a human form. That's not weird of me, is it? :michiru:

I'll recommend Ever17, G Senjou No Maou, and the Kara No Shoujo series. They're all some of my favorites and they're good reads if you want really good plots.

I hope to see you around. :sacchan:

A little late, but welcome to Fuwanovel and hope you enjoy yourself here. For VN recommendation, how about recently released one like Root Double, Tokyo Babel, and Seinarukana here. And if you want more VN you should also try Noble Works and Dracu Riot if you want lighter story (And Princess Evangile as well). Hope to see you more here.

Thanks again for the warm welcome:wafuu:

I've found out about visual novels pretty much due to anime. Stuff like the world god only knows and the steins gate anime exposed me to it. I started off with a few free visual novels such as sepia tears, narcissu, and katawa shoujo. My first paid VN would be KonoSora, which I enjoyed a lot too. 

Sorry, but I don't play Kancolle, although I'm somewhat interested in learning to. However, it's in Japanese right?

I've already got G senjou and ever17 installed on my computer, but I've just finished Eden* so I'm actually looking for some light hearted slice of life now. I was contemplating either evangile or clannad. :sachi:.

Welcome! I encourage you to make a VNDB page and link it to your profile, so we can see what all you've played and offer suggestions based on that. Or at least so we can say "hmmm..." and "oh my!" when we see what you've played and what you thought of it :sachi:

For something lighthearted, maybe give KonoSora a try (I really like it, despite its English translation being rather lackluster), though Princess Evangile might also be a good choice (although it wasn't to my taste, it is quite popular around here). Clannad is fine, though it drags often; I actually prefer the anime over the VN, mostly because it's so much shorter, and even the anime drags.

When you're up for another good cry, I highly recommend Symphonic Rain - given your listed favorites, I bet it's right up your alley.

And when you want to try something a little different, maybe look at Gahkthun of the Golden Lightning or Sekien no Inganock.

Ahh I see. Although I've been using VNDB to search for VNs and such I haven't really made an account :wafuu:

I've already tried konosora. In fact it was the visual novel that hooked me onto the genre. Although I played the steam version, I totally got attached to Amane's route. 

I think I would try symphonic rain. Maybe evangile afterwards. I've heard many good things about symphonic rain, but so far the only thing that didn't suit my taste was the art. Nevertheless, I guess I'll try it out:sachi: I've never heard of those 'different' VNs. Maybe I'll search it up when I get home. 

Thanks for the recommendations!

1 minute ago, Limerence_ said:

Dracu riot, Tokyo babel, Seinarukana and root double seems interesting. Do they all have translations? Also, is root double a sequal/prequel? I've heard quite a bit about it. 

All of them except Dracu-riot have complete translations, and Dracu-riot's full patch will be finished soonish

Hello there, hope you enjoy your time here at fuwa, it's nice to have more people around to talk too.

It seems you've read a lot of VNs in over a year which I think is pretty amazing. If you got anything you like to talk about than feel free to say, this place is pretty open minded.:holo:

Well keep up the good work and have some moe for ya troubles.

Spoiler

1322ea1a8134b38ba92d96bec100e848.jpg

19 hours ago, Leaf said:

Hello there, hope you enjoy your time here at fuwa, it's nice to have more people around to talk too.

It seems you've read a lot of VNs in over a year which I think is pretty amazing. If you got anything you like to talk about than feel free to say, this place is pretty open minded.:holo:

Well keep up the good work and have some moe for ya troubles.

Reveal hidden contents

1322ea1a8134b38ba92d96bec100e848.jpg

I usually spend at least half an hour reading a VN/day. On certain busy days I read less, and on holidays and such, I read a ton more. Since last year, I've never really stopped reading VNs. Sometimes I'll rest for a day or two after completing a VN before moving on to the next. 

It's nice to see that the community's warm and friendly. I'm still (somewhat) shy considering that I'm pretty new here, but I'll try to get more involved in the near future. :sachi: