Tsui Yuri ~Okaa-san ni wa Naisho da yo~ Translation project -

Dergonu

27 minutes ago, Scorp said:

@Dergonu Norwegian Jp-En translation? Hmmm... Think you would need an editor/TLC for that.

What is so "annoying" in the scripts?

Don't see how my nationality plays a role in my translation quality :sachi:

I will be getting it edited though, like I said in the post. Just not right now. Besides, I'm more than capable of doing some stuff myself too. :sachi:

About the scripts, I'll send you a PM explaining it.

1 hour ago, Dergonu said:

Don't see how my nationality plays a role in my translation quality :sachi:

I will be getting it edited though, like I said in the post. Just not right now. Besides, I'm more than capable of doing some stuff myself too.

Plays a role as you're not a native speaker. Anyway, if you will get it edited that's fine.

Well, yes, that's would be an interesting task for someone... You could actually ask author of engine on twitter: https://twitter.com/bugnekotinyan maybe he can give you advice about font?

@FrozenRaven It is obvious why a non native speaker must TLC the script. I don't doubt that someone is good in English but if you are not a native speaker so you could easily do some mistakes or formatting in a weird way. But it is up to the individual how they want to do it. 

However I drop that now. Good luck Dergonu! may the yuri don't consume you. 

1 hour ago, SilverLi said:

@FrozenRaven It is obvious why a non native speaker must TLC the script. I don't doubt that someone is good in English but if you are not a native speaker so you could easily do some mistakes or formatting in a weird way. But it is up to the individual how they want to do it. 

However I drop that now. Good luck Dergonu! may the yuri don't consume you. 

Oh ok I get it now. Thanks

I'm going to be making updates on a weekly basis.

So, that is the first week out of the way. Added a hacker to the project, Porygon2, thank you for helping out hopeless little me with the technical stuff :P

Translation is going well. I'm going to be doing a bit more translating tonight, but I might end up going to sleep and forgetting to put out an update, so I'll do it now to make sure I remember.

As for progress, we are currently at 5%.

Progress:

Opening

Translated: 26/26 lines

Common

Translated: 269/1629 lines

Ichika route

Translated: 0/2180

Futaba route

Translated: 0/1998 lines

Total translated: 295/5833,

Progress: 5%

Finally, I leave you with a picture of Futaba being adorable.

Spoiler

vtVJNUT.png

(Once the tools have been prepared by Porygon2, I'll be able to show you pictures in English, but the best I can do now is pictures of the script, which is just boring. Basically, she is just complaining about peppers in her lunch box like a child. :sacchan: )

You're definitely going to want all those roles in the fullness of time, and a different person in each of them, unless that turns out to simply be impossible for you. Thoughts on why:

• To be honest, TLC is the one I understand least, but at least in a general sense it's reasonable to me. If exactly one of the people who sees the finished project understands Japanese, it seems clear that small mistakes are going to sneak through. Though I think the example above would've been caught by anybody, certainly not just TLC, there are certainly more subtle mistakes waiting to not only trap a translator, but also get past an editor and proofreader.
  • Here's seven-years-ago Moogy to tell you a little bit about why you need an editor: http://tsukuru.info/b/?p=642
  • And the late, great @Darbury (not dead? well, I never saw him be on time for anything in my life, so I'm sticking with late) had some words about why your editor shouldn't be your proofraeder, and similar separation of duties: http://forums.fuwanovel.net/blogs/entry/793-editors-are-not-proofraeders/.

All that said, looks like you're 19 hours in and making good progress already on both the project and on recruitment. Good luck! :D

37 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

You're definitely going to want all those roles in the fullness of time, and a different person in each of them, unless that turns out to simply be impossible for you. Thoughts on why:

• To be honest, TLC is the one I understand least, but at least in a general sense it's reasonable to me. If exactly one of the people who sees the finished project understands Japanese, it seems clear that small mistakes are going to sneak through. Though I think the example above would've been caught by anybody, certainly not just TLC, there are certainly more subtle mistakes waiting to not only trap a translator, but also get past an editor and proofreader.
  • Here's seven-years-ago Moogy to tell you a little bit about why you need an editor: http://tsukuru.info/b/?p=642
  • And the late, great @Darbury (not dead? well, I never saw him be on time for anything in my life, so I'm sticking with late) had some words about why your editor shouldn't be your proofraeder, and similar separation of duties: http://forums.fuwanovel.net/blogs/entry/793-editors-are-not-proofraeders/.

All that said, looks like you're 19 hours in and making good progress already on both the project and on recruitment. Good luck! :D

Thank you :sachi:

I guess it kind confused some people, so I have changed the original post a little, and it is hopefully more clear what I was saying.

I am of course going to have the translation checked. First, I will be doing initial editing myself as I go, then I'll have a TLC run through of it, and then someone can go through and proofread/ edit after that.

The reason I haven't been "interested" in TLC/ editors as of right now is simply because of the way I work, and because of the length of the game. Editing should not take that long, and I prefer to leave in rough outlines of the translation in the script, only to go back and polish it later. Having that edited would leave poor results. I have requested access to the recruitement dev board and will be making a post once I am looking for people who can help with editing. Like I said in the post though, feel free to leave a comment now with the role you want to fill, and I'll add you to the team and then throw some work at you once it's needed :sachi:

Hope this makes things a little more clear!

I am going to be putting up updates every sunday, but today is an exception. I have midterms coming up, so I gotta spend the weekend studying. (EW... Who even does that..?)

I really wanted to reach 10% this week, though I am still happy with the result so far. In other news, Nosebleed has joined the project as a TLC, welcome aboard :sachi: Also, the repacking tools are being worked on by Porygon2. Seems the game really was a bitch to work on, so thanks so much to him for sticking with it and figuring it out. We should hopefully be able to show some English in game text in the coming weeks if no massive problem arises. (So you can all see the quality of my translation and come here to bash on me :Kappa: )

Here is the overall progress this week:

Progress:

Opening

Translated: 26/26 lines (100%)

Common

Translated: 495/1629 lines (30,8%)

Ichika route

Translated: 0/2180 (0%)

Futaba route

Translated: 0/1998 lines (0%)

Total translated: 521/5833,

Overall progress: 8,9%

Why have I only just found out about this!? :pyaa:

Although I'm not really interested in Yuri myself, I can definitely vouch on Dergonu's determination and love for VN's; Yuri in particular. ^_^

I can also take great confidence in Dergonu's English despite not being a native speaker since I'm currently in the process of editing and proofreading his light novel 'Kitsune and Me'. His English writing is done fairly well with very little to no spelling mistakes. The only issues I've noticed whilst editing is the lack of very minor punctuation such as commas not being used enough in certain sentences. Which will have no affect on his translating directly to English.

Besides, it will be the editor's job to take the translated text and edit it to correct and understandable in written English.

I wish you all the best in your project, Dergonu! :miyako: