Tsui Yuri ~Okaa-san ni wa Naisho da yo~ Translation project -

Dergonu

ハロー, weekly update time. :sachi:

Been doing a bit more translation work this week, on the side of my studying. The current retranslation progress is about 25%. I posted a picture on my twitter a few days ago, showing a bit of the difference between the old and the new translation. Some lines are absolutely fine, but others have some rather awkward wording, some have incorrect tenses and a few have other issues, like this one:

(Guh, made it a png, so there is no background behind the "new" and "old"... sorry for that. Anyways, the right line is the new one and the left is the old one.)

D4M48fR.png

What happened here is that I misinterpreted the sbject in the sentence, (these inferred subject sentences can be tricky,) and the TL came out a little wrong as a result. Of course, things like these are usually picked up in the TLC pass anyways, but I have noticed a decent amount of them in this script specifically, and I feel that cleaning this up now that my skill has improved is something I should do myself. I have learned a lot since I started this TL project, and the common script shows the difference in quality quite clearly when compared to the rest.

Hopefully this should make the end result a lot better when it's done. :sachi: 

Editing progress has started again just a little bit, but both the editor and QC are quite busy atm. I'll update the actual edit and QC progress again once that actually picks up for real.

Anyways, that's it for this week, I'lll be back again next week with some more progress.

Spoiler

I'm a bit addicted to reading ChuSinGura at the moment, so here is a picture of the best girl: 

NCD71AL.png

Why is this in the TL update?

Because she is freaking badass, that's why.

Weekly update!

- I forgot to put it in last week's progress update, but Tay was still able to sniff it out on our website, so last week's numbers were correct.

Anyways, the editor is back in business and has wrapped up the first editing pass, meaning editing is 100% at the moment as well, (not counting what will be done again when the retranslation is over.) You can track the detailed progress of everything but the retranslation here.

- Retranslation: Currently sitting at about 50%, so we're halfway there. :sachi:

- IRL update: I have finally finished all my exams for this semester, and I'm now able to put more work into translating. I hope to have the retranslation done by the end of December. This is of course not a guarantee, so take it with a grain of salt. I'll do my best though!

Tha's it for this week, see you all next week for another update.

Weekly update.

I was hoping I'd be able to say I have the common route retranslated by today, but I have sadly been a little bit lazy the past week. With exams finally being over, I might have gotten a bit too relaxed, and kind of forgot I had stuff to do. Oh well. :makina:

Anyways, the retranslation is at about 80% at the moment.

Also, note for the VNTS guys: the progress table on our website is currently having a stroke or something, so the progress displayed there might be totally incorrect, (removing TL and QC % etc...) Porygon is looking into that at the moment, but just use last weeks numbers, (except for the retranslation,) if it hasn't been fixed by the time the VNTS is going to go up.

EDIT: already fixed. Good job Porygon :sachi:

That's it for this week's update, see you again next week.

Tried making an update earlier today, but it didn't work for whatever reason. Take #2! (Actually take 3 or 4... I kept failing earlier, lol.)

Weekly update!

Retranslation progress: 100%!

General progress: Link (that 99% from the QCer... :makina: Such a tease.)

The retranslation is now over, and we'll be focusing on getting the editing and QCing done so we can move over to beta testing, and then finally get the patch released. I had a speech prepared about how great it feels finally being done with the translation, but let us wait until the patch is actually complete. Although the translation is done, we still have a bit to go and I don't want to make it sound like I'm done with this project altogether. So, like normal I'll see you again next week for another update.

Weekly update.

This is most likely going to be the last time I make a weekly update like this. The thing is, we have reached a point where the normal % progress starts to get a bit deceiving. Even though everything is approaching 100%, we still have some work left on fixing bugs in the game from a hacking point of view, a possible second QC pass and beta testing. Since the primary editing and translation is over, I will stop making these frequent weekly updates, as we will probably have a bit less to offer some weeks as we work on these things. Instead, I'll move over to posting an update when we have some news/ hit milestones.

So with that said, keep in mind that we aren't dead if we go a week without an update! We are working hard on preparing everything for the release, and will continue to do so. 

As always, you can track the general progress here.

If something else comes up, I'll make an update in this thread, and possibly on the Luna TL website. (Though anything I do post there related to Tsui Yuri will also be up here.)

• 1 month later...

Hey! Been a while :sachi:

Just wanted to make a quick little update and say that we are not dead :P Since basically every member on our team has at least 1 other project to work on + stuff to do IRL, progress isn't super fast, but we are all working when we have the time. Currently we are doing a second editing pass. I will try to make a status update once every month or so. Seeing as we are doing 2nd passes etc now, I can't really give a good % progress. I'll see what I can do about that for the next update.

Anyways, tl;dr, we aren't dead!

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

*Pokes thread*

We're basically stuck in limbo, waiting for some hacking work that needs to be done. TL and editing wise, everything is done, (just waiting on that last bit of QC and the game is ready for release text wise,) but the engine is causing some seriously pesky issues that we need to figure out how to deal with. This is delaying everything, sadly. Will make a post whenever we get past this hurdle. I know it sucks, but all we can really say for now is: wait a bit longer :wafuu: 

10 hours ago, Dergonu said:

We're basically stuck in limbo, waiting for some hacking work that needs to be done. TL and editing wise, everything is done, (just waiting on that last bit of QC and the game is ready for release text wise,) but the engine is causing some seriously pesky issues that we need to figure out how to deal with. This is delaying everything, sadly. Will make a post whenever we get past this hurdle. I know it sucks, but all we can really say for now is: wait a bit longer :wafuu: 

Ah, I figured it was because of spring exams or something, I know it's that time of year for a lot of people. We're all grateful for the heads up though. :sachi:

• 2 months later...
54 minutes ago, tuythuan said:

Is this dead? I look at the translation page and it still stuck at 86% :(

We're not dead. We are currently stuck trying to fix some pretty huge technical issues that are preventing us from continuing. Once we manage to fix those, we will make an update again. Sorry I can't provide any more info on when that will happen, as we honestly have no idea ourselves. 

• 1 month later...

We are currently in the process of re-doing some of the translation, seeing as we have some time at the moment anyways. The numbers might change a bit while we do. 

I'm not aware if the lost QC is because of this, or due to a glitch, though. But, seeing as TL & editing is being re-done, old QC progress does become obsolete. 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...