Dracu-Riot! Completion Project

Nosebleed

Wow this sounds pretty cool.

Looking at this article feels like I'm reading information from an experienced VN company. Better yet, this experienced VN company has decided to team up with other outside industries so that they can help revive this unfinished project.

It reminds me of a video game that a company couldn't finish and had to stop all works of it due to difficulties. However, another company decided to pick it up and revived it using their members located in various departments. This definitely brings back the nostalgia for me at that time.

I guess it's true in this case as well since you guys already have experience in translating a complete VN.

Anyways, good luck translating it and keep up the good work!

12 hours ago, Shiro_Shinigami said:

Well, I'm dissapointed. Only 50% of translation of ONE route and they still didn't finish it... And here I'm close to finish my first route... Bois, u r certainly not the fastest! :makina:

Indeed they are slow for not translating the route in a one day. If they spent the WHOLE day translating, they would have had to translate one line, edit it, tlc it, in every 21 seconds. Easy job.

1 hour ago, Kiriririri said:

Indeed they are slow for not translating the route in a one day. If they spent the WHOLE day translating, they would have had to translate one line, edit it, tlc it, in every 21 seconds. Easy job.

I love that you actually did the math there :wahaha: Sasuga Kiri-senpai

11 hours ago, Decay said:

Like the OP said, expect it in two months, and not a single minute sooner.

To be honest, 2 months seems pretty fast to me.

If you guys need some annoying dude to link yuri pictures while you work, let me know :makina:

3 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

I love that you actually did the math there :wahaha: Sasuga Kiri-senpai

I actually just checked the script size and if it's 50% ready it means they only need to finish one line every 16.4979950353 seconds to be exact. :makina: 

So, I guess I can probably say that I'm going to be the lead editor on this project. The editing, to the extent I want to do it, will definitely take longer than 2 months. I'm not entirely sure why Fiddle thought an entire 53,000 line VN could be edited in 2 months.

4 minutes ago, Arcadeotic said:

Well in theory if you were good enough in Japanese to basically know every single knaji and grammatical rule on the top of your head, it would be possible. Extremely difficult, but not impossible

I'll go ahead and say impossible. Because it takes actual thought to be able to translate. You have to sit and consider how you want your english to sound like before you write it, for each line. Even if you're a total natural at both languages. There's more to translation than just understanding, surely you know this.

3 minutes ago, Arcadeotic said:

Well in theory if you were good enough in Japanese to basically know every single knaji and grammatical rule on the top of your head, it would be possible. Extremely difficult, but not impossible

Well the problem is that human beings takes breaks. If you have to literally do one line every ~ 17 seconds, then what if you have to go to the bathroom? If you get hungry? If have any obligation other than translating.

That way it simply is not doable. :P

1 minute ago, Decay said:

So, I guess I can probably say that I'm going to be the lead editor on this project. The editing, to the extent I want to do it, will definitely take longer than 2 months. I'm not entirely sure why Fiddle thought an entire 52,000 line VN could be edited in 2 months.

Fiddle-sama has spoken. Get it done 8)

On 2016/4/2 at 10:17 PM, Nosebleed said:

2 months is indeed fast, if we were translating the entire game, but we're actually only translating about 4,000 lines and we're splitting those lines between two main translators, this will hopefully make that 2 month deadline possible.
Please do note we will not jeopardize translation quality for the sake of reaching the deadline. If we can not make it in time, we will delay the release until we're satisfied with the end result.

Actually, the bold, underlined text has spoken :pyaa:

Here is what Fiddle said :

"So when shall we release this patch? Well, Mr. presumptuous readers, we intend to release not one patch, but two or even more than two, which brings us to Mr. asterisk*. The first patch will contain everything we listed above, with the exception of all-around translation checking; in short, it will be 100% complete except for the fact that it will remain in the state (in terms of translation, not editing, which will be done) to which Staircase Subs’ unfortunate shortage of time and resources subjected it. Then, due to a subsequent increase in free time, we will be able to conduct some translation checking. We may release a second and final translation-checked patch, or release successive ones with increasing partial progress.

Oh, I didn’t answer the question. To give a quite rough but relatively safe estimate, let’s say this first patch will arrive in about two months. The translation-checked patch(es) will come some months thereafter."

So yeah, the 2 month estimate is only concerning the remaining untranslated part ! ^^

fgf

It is understandable that the intricacies of this two-month patch would be subject to some question, and in various places I've already clarified upon seeing that some misconceptions have arisen, but I shall attempt to do so again:

According to my initial two-month estimate, everything with the exception of TLCing will be done for the two-month patch. That includes editing. However, the whole process of editing and proofreading and such can be complicated and subject to much variation, and that is important because I made the project announcement early on, although I believe my wording provided me some margin of error. The arrangement we currently have will rely on Decay to edit, in addition to a couple of others, such as myself, to proofread (expounding the difference between these two would take time and effort I am not willing to exhaust), not to mention some technical capabilities that automatically Americanize text and fix other subtleties throughout the whole game. Decay, as you've read, estimates that it would be impossible to edit the whole game with the degree of effort he intends to put in; if it ends up that there is some unedited text left by the end of the two months, I can assure everyone that said text will at least be proofread, or edited by a different person. I still don't feel like explaining the difference.

I hope I've provided the perfect mixture of clarity and deliberate ambiguity.