Miitomo App - Discussion and Friend-Making

Tay

Are any of you using/trying out Nintendo's new Miitomo app (released today)? Here are some links to get the app:

So. Two things:

1. What are your thoughts?

2. Let's be friends! The easiest way to become friends is to follow each other on Twitter and find each other that way. You can also add Facebook friends, or friends who are physically near you. How to add friends:

1. Download the app (links above)
  2. Create a Nintendo Account
  3. Link the app to Twitter and/or Facebook
  4. Add me (@ArchmageTay) or anyone else who lists their contact info in this thread on Twitter and make sure I/the other person follows you back (tweet at me/them to let them know)
  5. Once we're following each other, go to the Friends menu, and refresh/re-sync the twitter list 
  6. Follow the prompts to either send or confirm a friend request

Please be my friend! Twitter: @ArchmageTay

3 minutes ago, Rose said:

No Tay on my friendlist even though I follow you.

tay y wont u friend me? :c

Added you -- yay! Now we're (almost) friends! You just need to confirm it.

(Note: to add a friend you have to be following each other, and then you have to go and sync your Twitter/FB data. After the sync, provided you're mutual friends/mutually following each other, their mii will appear in the "Add Friends" page)

In before Tay is surrounded by a harem of Fuwa lolis.

You can get clothing items with Miitomo coins, which you earn by playing Miitomo. You can also purchase Miitomo coins.

Note: To play Miitomo Drop, you need Miitomo coins, which you earn by playing Miitomo or by using game tickets, which you can get as a daily bonus, among other ways. You can also purchase Miitomo coins.

I knew there was a catch.  Even in an app designed to promote friendship you have to pay to win.

1 minute ago, Flutterz said:

Question: what is the point of the app? :michiru:

Interact with friends, fight evil, and get points for discounts on Nintendo products if you link it to a Nintendo Account.

EDIT: Plus... how else are you going to find out Rose's favorite food? Or see me dressed up in a pirate costume?

2 minutes ago, Tay said:

Interact with friends, fight evil, and get points for discounts on Nintendo products if you link it to a Nintendo Account.

EDIT: Plus... how else are you going to find out Rose's favorite food? Or see me dressed up in a pirate costume?

But I already have fuwanovel for the first two (if you count telling people their taste in anime is shit as fighting evil) and I don't have anything nintendo D:

As for the latter...

PFC6FdP.png

28 minutes ago, Silvz said:

I'm installing it now. I don't use twitter, but guys let's be friends: @lucasilvz

Actually, let's really befriend ,because it gives you coins that, after some, become discounts on the eShop

I'm following you back, so now you just need to link Twitter to the Miitomo app and we can find each other and have fun and fight evil and frolick among flowers and be friends forever

Just now, Tay said:

I'm following you back, so now you just need to link Twitter to the Miitomo app and we can find each other and have fun and fight evil and frolick among flowers and be friends forever

I think it is already linked. Do I show up as a friend?