Instituted Romance Action Adventure

So most action/adventure manga is about the growth of characters. With shonen, it's typically about the boy growing up to face his environment and then turning into am adult. With seinen its focused on the relationships between the characters rather than the environment. In any case, almost all the series with romance culminate with the two characters facing the relationship they have with each other and either accept it or ending with it being undecided.

Challenge time:

I'm looking for a series where from the onset both characters are in some sort of romantic relationship and are working together to deal with the problems.

You only get partial credit for series where the couple hooks up somewhere in the middle.

Just to make it more difficult, I'm stealing the freebie that is Twin Star Exorcists which falls into the shounen demographic.

GO!

Usotsuki Lily is probably the best rec i can give.

It's my favorite romance manga of all time and the characters start dating from chapter 1.

Heavy focus on character relationships and how they cope with obstacles while they date each other, and not just the main couple but also the friends/family who also get boyfriends/girlfriends during the story.

It's not super heavy on melodrama although there's tension moments of course.

If you don't mind the boyfriend being a crossdresser (that's kind of the main conflict/plot device and the manga deals with it with some seriousness) and the more light hearted tone I really think you absolutely can not go wrong with this manga.

If you're wondering how much the main couple grows during the 100+ chapters, the answer is a lot.

Yeah Usotsuki Lily uses a continuous timeline where they're all stuck in the same year, the manga often breaks the 4th wall just to mention it, but I don't think that by itself really deters from the rest of the story because the characters do grow.

Edit: hmm if action is a requirement, then it probably isn't the best choice, I kinda forgot that as I looked through my list since i'm so used to plain romance recommendations.

Yeah Usotsuki Lily uses a continuous timeline where they're all stuck in the same year, the manga often breaks the 4th wall just to mention it, but I don't think that by itself really deters from the rest of the story because the characters do grow.

Edit: hmm if action is a requirement, then it probably isn't the best choice, I kinda forgot that as I looked through my list since i'm so used to plain romance recommendations.

Well....

Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan

certainly qualified but since there's only so few chapter of it translated and it's getting an animu anyway dunno if it's classified as 'manga'

EDIT: Spoiler-ish maye? I think not but just to be safe

Also, Kyou Kara Maou  :sachi:

Edited by Jade

Well....

Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan

certainly qualified but since there's only so few chapter of it translated and it's getting an animu anyway dunno if it's classified as 'manga'

EDIT: Spoiler-ish maye? I think not but just to be safe

Also, Kyou Kara Maou :sachi:

The thing about Magic Knights is that they don't really ever act in concert, but play out the relationship as a normal couple that are still in the dating phase.

Kyou Bara Maou is closer to what I'm looking for. :makina:

As a light novel addict, it's hard for me not to have read it due to 10+ volumes being translated.