Hello!

Bikdu866

Hello!

Ive never played any VNs before so I decided to download Katawa Shoujo to try over the weekend.

I just 100%ed Katawa Shoujo.

Words cannot descibe the feels I felt. I finished my last route (Lilly's.. and my favourite) and after going through a box of tissues I came here.

Im hooked and I want more.

So... I know im late to the scene but hello! And help....

Hey Diamon, fast response!!

Im a pretty casual anime viewer so Ive always heard about these VN things that anime are based from. Honestly, I didnt consider it a real medium until I tried Katawa Shoujo. If I wanted story, I'd read my novels. If I wanted art I would read manga or watch anime. I'd always brushed VN off as a "choose your own adventure manga". And... I guess it IS just that. But it can be more. :P

Im still running off the "high", so forgive me if im being overly gushy.

Anyway.

Honestly I wanted something new to read and on a whim I tried KS. Major factor was that it was english and free.

[KS SPOILERS]

I loved KS for it's romance and character development. It was gratifying (and sometimes horrifying) to see how much the MC's interactions with the others changed and moved them. I mentioned my favourite was Lilly's but I really loved Emi's and Rin's route aswell. Lilly's was moving and I really felt caught up in it, much like how the MC kinda flowed along until trying that one last time to see Lilly before she left. Emi was my first, after ending up there I really loved how well it was written. Her eventual openening up to the MC was wonderful. And then we have Rin. I never really understood her. I still dont. But I really wanted to... and I think the MC got to in the end. Finally, I thought the side characters were really well done aswell. I kinda glossed over the Librarian/Waitress dialogue, but Kenji was great, loved his music theme and his world views. Well placed comic relief and he was just great to have in and around.

Welcome! KS was my first VN too, I actually haven't played many VNs afterwards though, too lazy.

BTW you can make a spoiler using this:

[/ spoiler]

Just type that (without the space in the second one), and put whatever you want hidden in the middle of those.

Also, we have an anime club and a VN club if you want to check those out.

Anime Club:/topic/11770-the-new-official-fuwa-anime-club-fantasy-cycle-and-fall-seasonal-cycle/"> http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/11770-the-new-official-fuwa-anime-club-fantasy-cycle-and-fall-seasonal-cycle/

VN Club: /topic/11796-vn-reading-club-october-2015-polls/">http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/11796-vn-reading-club-october-2015-polls/

Thanks for the spoilers tip. Shoulda guessed...

Grisaia no Kajitsu - ive watched the anime so do you think that will affect my expereience in a bad way? I also dont think my heart can take serious tragedy. There needs to be a possible happy end! :)

3 days?!? need to look at the reccomendations on this board for my next fix asap then :D

Bikdu866, on 06 Oct 2015 - 6:46 PM, said:Bikdu866, on 06 Oct 2015 - 6:46 PM, said:

Grisaia no Kajitsu - ive watched the anime so do you think that will affect my expereience in a bad way? I also dont think my heart can take serious tragedy. There needs to be a possible happy end! :)

Having been one who played the visual novel than seen the anime I can't really say. I know that the visual novel is certainly superior with alot more fleshing out of the plot and with some routes being handled very differently. There is certainly unavoidable tragedy in the heriones backstories, but having seen the anime you probably know the majority of it. Each of the heroine paths have good and bad endings so there is avoidable tragedy there.