Learning How To Be A Seiyuu

EcchiOujisama

Are there any CD sets/online information products that teach you how to be a proper seiyuu for anime, galge, etc.?   I know the best thing to do would be to just to go to The Tokyo School of Anime for two years, but I'm more looking at getting a head start and seeing if it's something I could do well at all before making that kind of investment of time and money.  It's a LOT more work than you'd think, and any excuse to go to Tokyo for 2 years is a good one (until you look at HOW FUCKING MUCH it costs to live in Tokyo that is, I saw something similar to my $600/month apartment on offer for 500,000,000 JPY plus 160,000/mo in various fees, 6 tatami room under the train tracks in the yakuza part of town here I come T_T).  

I've been through these:

http://www.altfeld.com/mastery/products/iv1.html

http://www.altfeld.com/mastery/products/iv2.html

Is there anything similar aimed at the wannabe seiyuu in Japan?  My Google and Yahoo.co.jp skills only got me schools in Tokyo and Osaka.

you could just enter the workforce and learn along the way. there is no possible way to make your voice into something that people have really heard on the anime so just dont try to act all girly/boyish. dont feel nervous about voice acting it ruins the character as well has the game/video, you have to be neutral about it. lastly dont be a fool and start buying voice acting DVD or school lessons, they are not worth it and any boss employee wouldn't care about your education in voice acting (its not like you going to teach them), just how you talk makes a huge difference. this is why going straight into the workforce is better for you in the long run, experience = better hiring rate.

you could just enter the workforce and learn along the way. there is no possible way to make your voice into something that people have really heard on the anime so just dont try to act all girly/boyish. dont feel nervous about voice acting it ruins the character as well has the game/video, you have to be neutral about it. lastly dont be a fool and start buying voice acting DVD or school lessons, they are not worth it and any boss employee wouldn't care about your education in voice acting (its not like you going to teach them), just how you talk makes a huge difference. this is why going straight into the workforce is better for you in the long run, experience = better hiring rate.

I think i know why you're not a voice actor.

Please teach us more, oh mighty one; sprinkle our ignorant selves with your blessed knowledge.