[CLOSED] The Final Editon of Official Fuwa Anime Club: Revamp Cycle and Fall Seasonal Cycle

Zebhra

Ded.  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Rest in ....

• ..pantsu.
    • ..pasta.
    • ..peperoni.
    • ..peropero.

This poll is closed to new votes

Welcome to the Final Edition of Official Fuwa Anime Club!

The club is divided into two parts:

1.) The Normal Cycle:

Current Information (Cycle 27)

Current Cycle Time Period: January-February

Current Cycle Genre:

Current Cycle Participants:

Everybody \ :Teeku: /

Current Cycle Recommendations/Selection:

Incoming!

Step 1: Selection Phase:

1.     Those who wish to participate will clearly state in their post that they wish to participate in each cycle.  Each cycle will have a particular theme or genre for the anime that will be viewed.

2.     Each participant is encouraged to put forth an anime title that they wish to watch. The recommendations can be either something you've seen or something you haven't seen yet but participants are committing to watch/re-watch whatever is chosen.  Recommendations  cannot be over 26 episodes in length. Everyone can nominate only 2 titles. Repeat recommendations are allowed.

3.     Of all the recommendations, 6 of them will be chosen by random.  After this, there will be a vote for which of the 6 randomly chosen selections  we will watch.

4.     Everyone will vote on the next genres/themes according to list, after genre is selected it will be removed from the list, as for now the list consist of 12 genres:

-Comedy
-Romance
-Ecchi
-Slice
-Historical
-Music
-Sport
-Horror
-Seinen
-Mecha
-Fantasy
-Drama

Step 2: Viewing Phase:

5.     All members will watch the selected (the one with the most votes at the end of the voting period) anime, if everyone is done with it and we still have 7-10 days left before the next selection it is possible to have a special cycle of Movie or OVA.

6.     Members are free to discuss and comment as they watch the anime or they can discuss it after they finished the whole series (this is a club for discussion after all!)

Step 3: Review Phase:

7.     After the viewing period is over, members that participated will rate various properties of the anime on a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest).  These include:

• Story
  • Characters
  • Soundtrack
  • Art-style
  • Enjoyment
  • Overall

8.     Those who participated will are also encouraged to write a review/comment on the show (Length is up to the user).

9.     Other comments and discussion of the show (best character, worst character, etc.) are also encouraged.

10.  After the discussion period ends, the next cycle will begin at step 1.

Bonus: There probably gonna be a bonus for person who's series won previous nominations to exclude one of the genres or one series from the current voting.

2.) The Seasonal Cycle

The Fuwa Anime Club will also be watching one airing anime each season, here’s how it works:

Current Information (Winter 2016):

Current Cycle Participants:

Everybody! :jinpou:

Current Cycle Recommendations/Selection:

currently: rippu :sachi:

Club Process:

Step 1: Selection Phase

1.     Those who wish to participate will clearly state in their post that they wish to participate in the seasonal cycle.  Each participant  is encouraged to put forth an anime airing this season that they wish to watch.  Participants are committing to watch whatever is chosen.  

2.     Of all the recommendations, 5  of them will be chosen by random.  After this, we will vote for which series to follow for the upcoming season.

Step 2: Viewing Phase:

3.     All members will watch the selected anime as it airs.

4.     Members are free to discuss and comment as they watch the anime or they can discuss it after they finished the whole series (this is a club for discussion after all!)

5.     After the season is over, members that participated will rate various properties of the anime on a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest).  These include:

• Story
  • Characters
  • Soundtrack
  • Art-style
  • Enjoyment
  • Overall

6.    Those who participated will are also encouraged to write a review/comment on the show (Length is up to the user)

7.     Other comments and discussion of the show (best character, worst character, etc.) are also encouraged at this point.

8.     After the discussion period ends, the next seasonal cycle will begin at step 1 with a whole new season.

Club History:

Edited by Zebhra

Everything was going good for me until step 3

7.     After the viewing period is over, members that participated will rate various properties of the anime on a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest).

Do we really need to rate the anime we watch? I have some adverse history with review scores and all.

Sorry for this cavil post.

Finished Shingeki no Bahamut.

Story: 10/10

The story was... marvelous. The plot from the outset had me interested. A world in which there are angels and demons, and an all powerful dragon that brought ruin to the world 2,000 years ago. The twists are great, from Favaro's tail to the demise of the mastermind.

Characters: 10/10

The characters are what really make the show imo. I wasn't sure if I was going to like Favaro at first, but he eventually grew on me when he rejected the fate of destruction. Kaiser I liked a little less but he was cool none the less. Amira was childish but lovable. And all the other characters fit well.

Art: 9/10

The art was really good, as expected of a 2014 anime, though the animation was a little less so.

Soundtrack: 8/10

The soundtrack didn't really stand out to me, either that or I was too immersed in the story, but the OP gives it an extra point.

Enjoyment: 10/10

Overall: 10/10

As a lover of all things fantasy, this was phenomenally awesome for me.

Finished Shingeki no Bahamut.

Story: 10/10

The story was... marvelous. The plot from the outset had me interested. A world in which there are angels and demons, and an all powerful dragon that brought ruin to the world 2,000 years ago. The twists are great, from Favaro's tail to the demise of the mastermind.

Characters: 10/10

The characters are what really make the show imo. I wasn't sure if I was going to like Favaro at first, but he eventually grew on me when he rejected the fate of destruction. Kaiser I liked a little less but he was cool none the less. Amira was childish but lovable. And all the other characters fit well.

Perfect Insider seems pretty good, although the first episode was just about establishing the setting and the characters. It looks nice, the characters are interesting and it has philosophical banter/conversations I'm really fond of. 

In Bahamut I'm at episode 7 and I've been having a blast. Every episode just picks up right at the start and keeps you captivated the whole time, even when they don't end the previous episode with a cliffhanger. It's very satisfying show to watch.   

I want you guys' opinion on something, since it's the month of October, I want to make the next cycle a horror special cycle. Now since this is currently the 12th cycle, the next cycle should be a mini movie cycle. So, do you guys want to combine the cycles or keep them separate?

I want you guys' opinion on something, since it's the month of October, I want to make the next cycle a horror special cycle. Now since this is currently the 12th cycle, the next cycle should be a mini movie cycle. So, do you guys want to combine the cycles or keep them separate?

I vote for which ever causes less confusion for the participants.