DnB (Drum and Bass) Recomendations

Shikomizue

Despite not having listened to that much of a selection, I do like DnB quite a lot. I especially like the darker stuff, which seems to be more of an older thing these days.. ah well. In that vein, Ed Rush & Optical did some pretty cool stuff like this. Interestingly Bacteria also has a kinda cool remix by Pendulum, who I'll be talking about below. Ed Rush & Optical's newer release Travel The Galaxy [example kinda, though nothing else on the album has MCing] is excellent, as is their older style (classic) album Wormhole. Both of those are available in full on Spotify, or at least were back when I actually was more into them.

While all ""mainstream"" and thus hated by the cool people, Pendulum does some good stuff, though they've widened what they put out on their albums considerably now. Especially the stuff they released prior to Hold Your Colour [example] is p. cool (as far as I can tell you can't actually buy most of this this in non-bootleg or ridiculously expensive vinyl form.) I used to like HYC, then I realized that every single track uses the exact same drum loop and couldn't take it any more. From HYC though, Slam used to be a thing and has an amusing video.

There's also some nice DnB in the touhou remix sphere.

And of course, it wouldn't be me if I couldn't shove something by Abo Takeshi in (for the love of god, don't read all the spoiler comments).

Despite not having listened to that much of a selection, I do like DnB quite a lot. I especially like the darker stuff, which seems to be more of an older thing these days.. ah well. In that vein, Ed Rush & Optical did some pretty cool stuff like

this. Interestingly Bacteria also has a kinda cool remix by Pendulum, who I'll be talking about below. Ed Rush & Optical's newer release Travel The Galaxy [example kinda, though nothing else on the album has MCing] is excellent, as is their older style (classic) album Wormhole. Both of those are available in full on Spotify, or at least were back when I actually was more into them.

While all ""mainstream"" and thus hated by the cool people, Pendulum does some good stuff, though they've widened what they put out on their albums considerably now. Especially the stuff they released prior to Hold Your Colour [example] is p. cool (as far as I can tell you can't actually buy most of this this in non-bootleg or ridiculously expensive vinyl form.) I used to like HYC, then I realized that every single track uses the exact same drum loop and couldn't take it any more. From HYC though, Slam used to be a thing and has an amusing video.

There's also some nice DnB in the touhou remix sphere.

And of course, it wouldn't be me if I couldn't shove something by Abo Takeshi in (for the love of god, don't read all the spoiler comments).

Good job. You just fulfilled the quota for all of this page's recommendations.

Check out Monstercat's DnB playlist. Actually, check everything related to Monstercat for electronic music. Here's a link for the playlist. I didn't listened to everything yet but Overcome and The Destroyer are pretty good, 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9BCA60EEB1C8893D

i second monster cat, it is really good stuff 

Amon Tobin - Permutation

I really like this one. I haven't even listened to the whole album yet, but I already love it! It just feels so... so... groovy! (And that's not a word I ever thought I would use.) And it reminds me of Halloween in some of the tracks...

Thanks for the suggestions everybody.

• 2 weeks later...

Noisia - Split The Atom

Squarepusher - Feed Me Weird Things

Amon Tobin - Permutation

The Third Eye Foundation - Ghost

Kosheen - Resist

Plug - Drum 'n Bass for Papa

Goldie - Timeless

µ-ziq - Lunatic Harness

these are all amazing records, I hope you like em as much as I do :sachi:

Jesus Christ Tyrael your good taste in music surprises me time and time again.

well if you like Feint then the softer side of DnB is just right for you.

so im gonna leave my recommendations in a spoiler below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDnDNDE9LKA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXGJUg_QEAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtMcOvVZtu8