When do you feel an anime gets good?

Shikomizue

In most cases for me, anime seems to get better towards the end, because I feel like everything is more intense. I mean, you know the characters, you know the situation they're in, and you know there's going to be a conclusion soon, so it makes it that much more awesome. What do you guys think?

In most cases for me, anime seems to get better towards the end, because I feel like everything is more intense. I mean, you know the characters, you know the situation they're in, and you know there's going to be a conclusion soon, so it makes it that much more awesome. What do you guys think?

Characters. As soon as I like the characters I think the show is good :D

An anime should be good from beginning to the end, when something is good is good, it doesn't gets good after some point. doesn't matter if it is about slice of life, action, etc.

For example parasyte, berserk, claymore, full metal, attack on titan, elfen lied etc etc they are amazing all the way to the end.

If the anime is boring then probably it's a mediocre one... at best.

I've noticed thing's I'm not crazy about in the beginning often end up being my favorites, while those I love from the beginning tend to decline.  Not always true, but often. 

As for what qualities I like: darkness, bloodshed and despair.  The best shows IMO realize that you can't get anywhere without killing off a few characters (not just background people), and those deaths get me hooked.     :upupu:

And RomComs.  RomComs are nice. 

It varies... but most anime are best at the beginning, because companies tend to try to insert impact into the first few episodes to grab watchers' attention.  There are series that get better as time goes on, but most are best at the start, in my experience.

Obviously it's when all the smaller mecha combine to form one HUGE ROBOT that blows away all the bad guys with some ultimate attack

Alternatively, it's when you get to the Hot Springs episode

Edited by zoom909

It really depends on the anime, but it usually gets good when there is a plot twist or some emergency situation you don't see coming, and that grabs your attention or makes you more interested in the story ( I'm talking about action/adventure anime only, that is what I watch mainly, as for romcoms and comedy, they don't just get "good" they are either good all the way or sucks all the way). Everyone has a certain unique taste , and for me anything that has guns and explosions in them are automatically great( I really hate when modern firepower is suppressed by something stupid like magic or some sort of crap like that, I fucking hate magic,super powers can be fine, but fuck magic ),and also melee fights with cold weapons is instantly really good, especially blades and lances/spears. to prove my above statement here are some of my fav animes Guns and shooting:Jormungand 1 and 2, Buki yo Saraba,Black Lagoon, Aldnoah zero( I haven't seen the second one, but first was good),Muv luv alternative total eclipse,Hellsing Ultimate.Melee fights that are awesome: FMB,The Tower of Druaga,Akame Ga Kill( the fighting was intensely awesome but the ending...not so much ), Brave 10 and Claymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go7n696gvbU

lol... warning, gore

I actually found that pretty amusing  :wahaha:  

No joke though, I actually find the crazy first episodes where there's mass slaughter somewhere or death instantly captures my attention... it's like, oh my gosh, what in the world just happened!? -clicks next episode-

It's something that keeps me on the edge of my seat, since there's a seriousness to the story.. I mean, people are getting killed!

some that come off the top of my head:

Code Geass

Ga Rei Zero

From The New World

Parasyte

Akame Ga Kill

When the protagonist actually choses a love interest...... I guess that's why my jimmies are always rustled.

And I take it that's why you gave Shuffle a 10? :sachi:

For me, I'll consider it a good anime if it can stay consistently entertaining. Surprisingly enough, that standard isn't entirely high up there, as I'd even regard something like Dog Days a good anime. Most people probably wouldn't, but there wasn't a single episode where I wasn't entertained despite its disingenuous storyline. Though I can consider something like that good, my ideal anime would need characters that I can feel a deep sense of attachment to (Gintama, Steins;Gate, NHK) or involve some kind of ideology I can wrap my mind around (Gatchaman Crowds, Paranoia Agent).

stopped expecting too much, personally think its good, when in its last 2 episodes nothing weird or totally story screwing happens. got too often dissappointed midway towards the end

edit: and of course if the whole product doesnt feel rushed

I can enjoy alot of anime, I have seen a large amount of harem anime that most people would consider junk and I still don't consider it time wasted. However, for me to say that a anime is "good" it has to do something that stands out, it has to be unapologetic and it must respect the audience.

For the most part, average series nowadays only entertain me during their first 2 episodes. After that is a snooze fest.

But to answer the question, I think they're getting good when a character does something beyond their personality; in other words he/she have developed. And I'm not talking about a sudden, illogical, out of nowhere character change okay? xD