Danganronpa 3 in development, "in very early stages"

Funyarinpa

http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/4/8147871/danganronpa-3-development-early-stages

Well, it was to be expected, given the franchise selling like the CoD of visual novels, but I still feel a metric fuckton of hype because this is my second favorite franchise after Zero Escape.

Now give me ZE3 Spike Chunsoft.

But this will be just fine to tide me over until then.

Marie, on 04 Mar 2015 - 12:44 PM, said:

I dislike this series (first game was mediocre at best, second was below average... And average isn't particularly high when it comes to VNs), but I do think it's good that they're announcing a new one, if the series is popular (no idea about how sales for the first two games went). 

I actually really enjoy the Dangan Ronpa series. I got into it through a friend. I really liked gore at the time (Final Destination always has and always will be my favorite set of movies) and she started talking to me about this game with a demonic teddy bear and pepto bismol blood. I tried it out because at the time most of the VNs I played were through Ren'py and the game sounded really cool. Looking back a lot of the art in the first game sucks, but the characters were really interesting. The first killer in both series were very entertaining, I enjoyed their thematic uses of trial deaths. The actual trial game play was fun. It's not a visual novel in the sense that most are, it reads a lot like a point & click mystery game.

It's part P&C, part VN, part RPG--it's a lot like the Zero Escape games (999) but it's more kinetic. I feel like it overlaps with the visual novel genre but since it's not a dedicated VN it's not going to have an appeal to a lot of VN players.

I also believe that its focus on depressing/despair driven endings (the Japanese VN word for it starts with a U but I don't remember what it is called) is also something that drives a lot of people away.

I however absolutely adored Komaeda and Kuzuryuu and so I definitely want to see what happens to them in the 3rd game.

I was horribly bored about halfway through the first one and have no intention of going back to finish it. I bought the second one because I bet I can resell the CE for a bit of extra cash and I'll no doubt buy the shooter one. So naturally I'll buy this too, but never play it and just brag about having it. 

Its just a very annoying game that ends up being more tedious than fun with a story that is extremely sub par and overly convoluted. 

I was horribly bored about halfway through the first one and have no intention of going back to finish it. I bought the second one because I bet I can resell the CE for a bit of extra cash and I'll no doubt buy the shooter one. So naturally I'll buy this too, but never play it and just brag about having it. 

Its just a very annoying game that ends up being more tedious than fun with a story that is extremely sub par and overly convoluted. 

I'm starting to think you don't actually like anything and just enjoy complaining about everything, but maybe I'm just being overly convoluted.  :makina:

Stray Cat, on 04 Mar 2015 - 10:36 PM, said:

I'm starting to think you don't actually like anything and just enjoy complaining about everything, but maybe I'm just being overly convoluted.  :makina:

There is nothing more fulfilling than talking crap about something that is nearly universally loved. This is why I'm not allowed in any local places of worship.

I really liked Danganronpa for the story myself, I enjoyed 2 a lot more than 1 but as a whole its pretty nice. It might be the case that a lot of people looking for game play are turned away by the big story parts and maybe the kind of game play. If I'd mostly play Danganronpa for game play I think I would be really bored :x On the other hand people that only want a good read might think there is too much game play.. People that love not-too-hard-heavily-story-driven games are having the greatest times of their lives! 

I think I'll be looking forward to Danganronpa 3.. but the story of 1+2 felt pretty finished to me so what is it that they'll come up with this time I wonder!

I really liked Danganronpa for the story myself, I enjoyed 2 a lot more than 1 but as a whole its pretty nice. It might be the case that a lot of people looking for game play are turned away by the big story parts and maybe the kind of game play. If I'd mostly play Danganronpa for game play I think I would be really bored :x On the other hand people that only want a good read might think there is too much game play.. People that love not-too-hard-heavily-story-driven games are having the greatest times of their lives! 

I think I'll be looking forward to Danganronpa 3.. but the story of 1+2 felt pretty finished to me so what is it that they'll come up with this time I wonder!

I mean, they have to fix the world now right? I think Another Episode will open some stuff up too.

• 3 weeks later...

How I imagine it would go if DR3 was scifi

DR3 on a space station? Yes, please.

Monokuma: "Sorry to interrupt the despairitivities, but a body has been found!"

*protag goes and checks outside the hull, no body*

"There's no dead body here Monokuma"

"I know what I said."

How I imagine it would go if DR3 was scifi

DR3 on a space station? Yes, please.

Monokuma: "Sorry to interrupt the despairitivities, but a body has been found!"

*protag goes and checks outside the hull, no body*

"There's no dead body here Monokuma"

"I know what I said."

I feel like the main focus would be going back in time and stopping Junko. That's the direction they're most likely to take.