Imouto Paradise 2 installation problem

jusef

I'm trying to install above game, and about halfway through the process I get critical error that says "13:ERR) SetupIterateCabinet: Incorrect data", and the installaton process terminates once I hit OK. It stops on res/g/ev/42/4204.mpg, and quick google told me it might be DirectX's fault, although at this point the game shouldn't even use DX libraries. It might be a corrupted file, but I have no idea how to check whether that's the case.

I tried using native AppLocale, Ntleas, and Locale Emulator, and every time it stops at this exact moment.

I'm trying to install above game, and about halfway through the process I get critical error that says "13:ERR) SetupIterateCabinet: Incorrect data", and the installaton process terminates once I hit OK. It stops on res/g/ev/42/4204.mpg, and quick google told me it might be DirectX's fault, although at this point the game shouldn't even use DX libraries. It might be a corrupted file, but I have no idea how to check whether that's the case.

I tried using native AppLocale, Ntleas, and Locale Emulator, and every time it stops at this exact moment.

Have you tried actually changing your non unicode settings to Japanese?

Using AppLocale on instalations is usually a bad idea.

Actually using AppLocale at all is a bad idea.

Seconded you need to change your setting to Japanese. The AppLocal is unreliable.

Are there any benefits to that other than being able to play Japanese games?

Or more importantly - are there any drawbacks? It's the first time this happened to me. So far even the most obscure Japanese games worked well.

Are there any benefits to that other than being able to play Japanese games?

Or more importantly - are there any drawbacks? It's the first time this happened to me. So far even the most obscure Japanese games worked well.

No, there are no drawbacks (well sometimes the backslash turns into the yen symbol), all it does is change the settings for programs that use non unicode characters (i.e Japanese uses non unicode characters so the computer needs to change settings in order to read them properly).

AppLocale was a program made for windows XP, it's not even supposed to be used for Windows Vista and above, because the function to change non unicode settings was built into Windows after XP.

You're using a super outdated program. All AppLocale does is try to emulate different locale settings when you start an .exe file but during installations that is often not enough.

And even when you're playing a game that is sometimes not enough.

AppLocale is never recommended for anyone with a modern Windows OS, it's just incredibly outdated and causes more problems than it fixes them.

Welp, just did what you told me to.

Same thing. It returns error in the exact same place. The installation process slowed to a crawl at the beginning, but that might just be HDDs fault (it always runs like crap for a minute after boot).

• 5 months later...

I dont know if i am asking for too much but can someone record how they install the game? From the start,which is right after you get the files. Cause i dont know which files is for which. If you reply with all the steps works too. I really need someones help on this please