My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

ExtraMana

So there isn't an MLP:FIM thread, time to fix that.

First order of business how are you getting through this hiatus? It's the longest hiatus yet

Second order of business; Share your MLP merch/media/erotic fan-fiction

Third order of business; favourite MLP episodes/predictions for Season 5?

Fourth order of business; Who is best Pony?

twilight_sparkle_ball_by_chirochick-d4zd

So this thread finally exists.

I still haven't finished season 4, much disappoint, guess I need to get to that at some point.

Did it get any interesting in the later half? Was the finale any good compared to season 3's crappy finale?

Best pony is Rarity, undisputed. Everyone else just non fabulous casual.

LUwtpzA.jpg

Finally a topic that we all wanted!

Friendship is indeed magic!

So this thread finally exists.

I still haven't finished season 4, much disappoint, guess I need to get to that at some point.

Did it get any interesting in the later half? Was the finale any good compared to season 3's crappy finale?

LUwtpzA.jpg

I still haven't finished season 4 for the exact same reasons. Season 3 was definitely the biggest trainwreck

with the most mediocre episodes. It was made half length because S1+S2+S3 at 13 eps added to the bear minimum

number of episodes to sell the show to other networks. I can't really recall what the eps from the second of S4 where like,

I saw coverage of the finale elsewhere and I always thought it looked bad so I never bothered. 

Season 5 however I'm looking forward too.

z7iOr78.gif

I guess it had to happen eventually.

You've already embraced the glorious Nippon, it's only a matter of time before you realize what best show really is  :sachi: 

Also what anime is that pic from?

Season 1 had its ups and downs, the finale was underwhelming but it still felt like a solid season and a good introduction to the franchise (obviously if I hadn't liked it I wouldn't have continued).

Season 2 was definitely where MLP was at its highest with tons of new characters, interesting arcs and a glorious climax (I still know "This Day Aria" back and forth)

And then season 3 was an absolute trainwreck which really downgraded my experience as a fan, the ending was cringe worthy too.

I started watching Season 4 way after it had begun airing due to my lack of interest after season 3 and kind of liked the plot elements they introduced at first.. except they never address it again after that so I lost a lot of interest once more. I was hoping they didn't completely forget about it by the end.

Didn't see a season 5 was annouced, guess it still sold well overall. I'll look forward to it but with caution.

Also I still don't accept Twilight Sparkle as a princess, she's the worst character from the Mane 6 and when I saw she became an alicorn my heart broke a little on the inside.

Season 1 had its ups and downs, the finale was underwhelming but it still felt like a solid season and a good introduction to the franchise (obviously if I hadn't liked it I wouldn't have continued).

Season 2 was definitely where MLP was at its highest with tons of new characters, interesting arcs and a glorious climax (I still know "This Day Aria" back and forth)

And then season 3 was an absolute trainwreck which really downgraded my experience as a fan, the ending was cringe worthy too.

I started watching Season 4 way after it had begun airing due to my lack of interest after season 3 and kind of liked the plot elements they introduced at first.. except they never address it again after that so I lost a lot of interest once more. I was hoping they didn't completely forget about it by the end.

Didn't see a season 5 was annouced, guess it still sold well overall. I'll look forward to it but with caution.

Also I still don't accept Twilight Sparkle as a princess, she's the worst character from the Mane 6 and when I saw she became an alicorn my heart broke a little on the inside.

This seems to be the general consensus for S1-S4. Season 2 was the peak, the show had developed the characters so well that the a lot of risks where taken by going off on multiple arcs. 

Not only is S5 announced but further seasons are highly likely to get funded from what I've read. The show peaked at about 20 times the expected audience size for a kids show of this type, I don't know what S4 figures where like but no doubt they where still good enough for a continuation. Twilight Sparkle became a princess for the new toy line everyone knows this, most of S4 ignores her transition anyway.

Also I disagree Sparkle is best pony. 

fite me.

My opinion of Season 4 deteriorated as it progressed as well, UNTIL the epic DBZ-style battle between Twilight and Lord Tirek, which made the closing episode perhaps the best yet (excluding, of course, the episodes which focus specifically upon best pony, who I need not tell you is Fluttershy).

My opinion of Season 4 deteriorated as it progressed as well, UNTIL the epic DBZ-style battle between Twilight and Lord Tirek, which made the closing episode perhaps the best yet (excluding, of course, the episodes which focus specifically upon best pony, who I need not tell you is Fluttershy).

Interesting to know, that makes me more hopeful to go back and watch it.

Also pls, Fluttershy's not fabulous enough.

To be fair though I ship Rarity and Fluttershy together so I don't hate Fluttershy either. Fite me irl.

I haven't watched since Season 2. I liked season 2 well enough, but I think the long hiatus between 2 and 3 made me lose interest. Nothing was ever as glorious as "Winter Wrap-up" for me; that was the first real musical number, I never saw it coming, and it was absolutely magical for me (pun somewhat intended). Everything after that was denouement.

Nosebleed is right, though - Rarity all the way. Though sometimes Rainbow Dash contends for best pony, and even Fluttershy has her moments. It really depends on the day (or, at least, it did back when I watched...).

There's a bigger issue at play here, though. Nosebleed. Your avatar is at most 50% as kawaii as it was yesterday. This one has its merits, to be sure, but... I dunno.

Winter Wrap Up is pretty good indeed, can't forget the classics. But man This Day Aria is epic. In fact the entire season 2 finale is epic.

I also liked Cutie Mark Crusaders despite the mess up at the end.

Season 3 is pretty boring.. i would only advice you to watch it if you watch season 4 right after because season 3 as a standalone is bad.

One thing i've always enjoyed about the MLP community is the amount of music that comes out of it. I love listening to all the songs fans come up with. (Let's pretend Smile HD doesn't exist for a minute). Is there anything aside from the main series any of you have any interest in?

Also i changed my avatar on a whim, i like changing to characters i'm obsessing over, there's no super cute pictures of Yui out there (trust me i did a lot of research) but i really liked this one for multiple reasons. Also she has my all time favorite hairstyle. I might switch back to Marika sometime, who knows, but don't hate on Yui<3

My bad, that came off as too negative. The shock of seeing your name over something other than a cute freaking-out girl pushed me into saying something mean. The new avatar is excellent as well!

And, umm, so I don't derail the thread too much:

The music was the highlight of the MLP scene for me as well, both the official music and the fanmade. I don't know what the community is doing these days, but a couple years ago when I was following it closely, PinkiePieSwear was putting out some amazing music, and then sadly kind of trailed off (and then there were some other people too :D). Anything of his caliber happening today?

Oh, man, watching/listening to this one for the first time in a long time really makes me want to go back to watching technicolor ponies...

LUwtpzA.jpg

352wc6.jpg

Season 2 was definitely where it was at.  Really haven't liked that many of the finales, they kinda disappoint me with every one they make.  That said, I did like Equestria Girls, but I thought the sequel kinda blew.

Anyone watch Friendship is Witchcraft?  It's basically a dub of the episodes, except it's warped and twisted as hell.  Spike gets the resentment and hatred he deserves ^_^

Fluttershy is most Kawaii pony no doubt

Interesting to know, that makes me more hopeful to go back and watch it.

Also pls, Fluttershy's not fabulous enough.

To be fair though I ship Rarity and Fluttershy together so I don't hate Fluttershy either. Fite me irl.

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy is undoubtely best ship.

5d6dac9bc1764ccf0c3fd8e4a0ff175b20bb5053

Winter Wrap Up is pretty good indeed, can't forget the classics. But man This Day Aria is epic. In fact the entire season 2 finale is epic.

I also liked Cutie Mark Crusaders despite the mess up at the end.

Season 3 is pretty boring.. i would only advice you to watch it if you watch season 4 right after because season 3 as a standalone is bad.

One thing i've always enjoyed about the MLP community is the amount of music that comes out of it. I love listening to all the songs fans come up with. (Let's pretend Smile HD doesn't exist for a minute). Is there anything aside from the main series any of you have any interest in?

Also i changed my avatar on a whim, i like changing to characters i'm obsessing over, there's no super cute pictures of Yui out there (trust me i did a lot of research) but i really liked this one for multiple reasons. Also she has my all time favorite hairstyle. I might switch back to Marika sometime, who knows, but don't hate on Yui<3

The MLP comics are really good Ive read most of them. I also have 5 hours of MLP mixes on my Ipod

Pairing any pony with Rainbow Dash is too easy. 

I like pairing Fluttershy and Rarity because they're polar opposites. Don't mess with my ship.

There's also an official My Little Pony manga, for all the weebs out there.

Rainbow Dash is an overcompensating Jock and Fluttershy is a cripplingly shy Introvert gentle pony so

yeah still polar opposites so yeah kind of a moot point. I already read most of the manga it's pretty good.

The Japanese version of the MLP intro is approxiamtely 9000 times more kawaii.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukCYa6BbyYA

Anyone that says Rainbow Dash isn't Gay (even the author), is a liar. She is a tomboy, rainbows and has this aura.

Rainbow Dash is clearly gay but be thankful she isn't associated with the LGBT community the tumblr posts would be unberable.

CtfidQK.jpg

I need to download this page with the download button I've only just noticed. 

We need to keep this forever

Why would you even want to keep an archived thread?

This ain't 4chan it's not going to 404.

But Rainbow Dash is like everyone's lesbian, not really fun because you can make so many pairings with her just based on her personality.

Rarity is much harder to pair imo since she hardly has any relevant special relationships.

You can go canon and pair her with Spike, but who would want that :P (though to be fair I did root for spike in the beginning, and that one episode where Rarity saved him was pretty cute, but then i just lost interest in it)

Well pairings are fanmade so you can theoretically like any kind of pairing, I'm just not too fond of Rainbow Dash.

The Japanese version of MLP is 2weeb4me

But Rainbow Dash is like everyone's lesbian, not really fun because you can make so many pairings with her just based on her personality.

Rarity is much harder to pair imo since she hardly has any relevant special relationships.

You can go canon and pair her with Spike, but who would want that :P (though to be fair I did root for spike in the beginning, and that one episode where Rarity saved him was pretty cute, but then i just lost interest in it)

Well pairings are fanmade so you can theoretically like any kind of pairing, I'm just not too fond of Rainbow Dash.

The Japanese version of MLP is 2weeb4me

>2weeb4me

>Check your avatar